Monday, April 25, 2016

FBSHApost@13 April 2016: The Journey of My PhD...Continued

My examiners for the final PhD viva were Prof Ranjit Singh from UUM, Prof Jayum Jawan from UPM and Assoc. Prof Istihaq Hossein from IIUM. When all them gave me a pass I was thankful to Allah and felt relieved. Why did I go through my PhD? Is it for an ego trip. My quick answer is no... it was not to seek praises or be admired by others..or to impress other people. I could say though it was for self worth...to tell yourself that you can achieve your goals (...like the saying, "trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow".) I wanted to be a scholar so the academic studies was worth it, just for self satisfaction. I consider before you depart from this earth life is a continous pursue of goals and achievements. For me this makes life more exciting and meaningful. Finally I think there is no age limits to achieve your dreams....Learning should be from cradle to grave. Of course it takes patience, willpower and drive to reach your desired ambition....May Allah forgive me..

FBSHApost@13 April 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment