Tuesday, August 18, 2015

GOODBYE LONDON...

We left for Heathrow airport in two hired Viano Mercedez Benz that could take nine adults plus three children and our luggages. On that day like in other days we were in London we woke up before 4 am to do our solat subuh. Today everyone had to be organised through our London whatsapp. This is a useful application since we knew everyday where we were and the spots to meet for any rendevous. It's through this also that we sent our fotos that we wanted to share only for the viewing of our family members. In the apartment there were only two bathrooms, one in my room where only Aziah and I shared and my three children shared the other. The arrangement was for Badriah, my special child to have her shower first as she would take the longest. She wants to smell extra sweet and clean. I refer to her as our special child as she is like Peter Pan would never grow up. Forever she'll be a child, full of funs, wit and is a person with a sociable decorum. But at the spur of the moment if someone doe something not to what she though should be she could throw a tantrum. She would be out of control and difficult to reason with. It would take time to cool her down. She got into that situation at the airport when the official wanted to take her facial cream. Sadiq her elder brother and I rushed from another side of the security check area upon hearing her scream. 

Aziah was certain it was her It was the wisdom of another security personnel and with Sadiq there she was quickly brought to normalcy. For her she does not understand rules or law. She always seem to regret what she did. For Aziah and me as well her other siblings they understood it all. For Aziah and I she is a blessed child entrusted upon us to take care. Be it as it may the sequencing for the bathroom like clock work will be religiously followed. The night before after the hard days of walking we split as my children wanted to do their last minute shopping for nick nacks for their friends and relatives. Me and my three other children went back to the apartment. By this time Aziah and the rest were totally exhausted. But she just went to the chore of cooking rice. I told her I would make nasi goreng. She obediently agreed. But before that we saw there was plenty of bread that we had not consumed. 

Aziah, my Badriah, Ali and I decided to walk down through the parks to the Sepertine River to feed the birds and ducks for the last time. This is actually thereupatic. There are lots of people running, jogging and cycling on the alloted space. Equally people walking their dogs were everywhere. Due to the good weather, beautiful and sunny we saw people sun bathing, picnicking and just take a restful nab or just close their eyes without a care. The contrast was between people clad in all black from top to toe and others with little clothes covering their bodies.They seemed to intermingle without a care in the world. When we came back to the apartment I made my nasi goreng. My children and my grandchildren love the way I made the nasi goreng. This boost my ego of being a good chef but never better than my wife. The left over was our breakfast. During our stay I ate a lot fruits such as berries, cherries and olive. The enjoyment of our holidays came to an end. Suddenly we felt it was not enough and wanted to stay longer. But we have to leave. 

Sharp 7.30 am on the 12th we left for Heathrow. Our drivers one was Iranian and another Turkish. The rates for the mpv to the airport was agreed in advance and competitive. In this case the licensing was regulated liberally but the fares were left to market forces. It worked fine and cheaper for us. Eventhough the drivers were foreigners originally they are the backbone of British Public Transport. Its a rarity to find an English driver. But they know the London roads at the back of their hands. In fact my driver took us to the airport through a route that I had never been. As the fare has been earlier agreed there was no question he was trying to cheat me. We arrived earlier than if we went on the normal route. When I asked him how he did it. He just told me I am a good driver. I knew this was an indication for a handsome tip, which I did, eventhough its not compulsory. 

I think Malaysians love to come to London for their holidays. We woke up before 4am to do our solat subuh and organised everyone else through our London whatsapp family chat. This is a useful application since we know everyday where we are and the spots for any rendevous. It's through this also that we send our fotos that we wanted to share only for the viewing of our family members only. In the place there were only two bathrooms , one in my room for Aziah and me and the other for my three children. The accepted arrangement was for my special child to have her shower first. She would take the longest as she wants to smell extra sweet and clean. I refer to her as our special child eventhough she is 27 years old. She likes Peter Pan would never grow old. Forever she'll be a child, full of funs, wit, polite and has a sociable decorum. But at the spur of the moment she could throw up her tantrum if someone tries to take what she considers hers. She would blow her top and could be difficult to control and reason. We got into that situation at the airport when the official not knowing her condition wanted to take her facial cream. I heard someone screamed on top of her voice and Aziah quickly said that sound like Badriah. I rushed from another side of the security check to look for her. I saw Sadiq there as Nur and Ali were at a lost what to do. It was the wisdom of another security personnel that brought everything to normalcy. For her she does not understand rules or laws. For her it is simple no one can take something that she considers as rightfully hers. She always seem to regret after that by being very quiet and keeping to herself. For Aziah and me as well her other siblings they understood it well. No matter what we always take care of her with love. She is definitely a blessed child entrusted upon us by Allah. Be it as it may the sequencing for the bathroom like clock work will be religiously followed. 

The night before after the hard days of walking we split as my children wanted to do their last minute shopping for nick nacks for their friends and relatives. Me and my three other children went back to the apartment. By this time Aziah and the rest were totally exhausted. But she just went to the chore of cooking rice. I told het I would cook nasi goreng. She obediently agreed. But before that we saw we still had so much bread. Aziah, my Badriah, Ali and I decided to take a walk through the parks to the Sepertine River to feed the birds and ducks for the last time. This was actually thereupatic. There were plenty of people running, jogging and cycling on the alloted space. Equally people walking their dogs were everywhere. The weather on the 11th was so beautiful and sunny. We saw people sun bathing, picnicking and those taking a restful nab or just close their eyes without a care lying happily on the grass. The contrast was between people clad from head to toe in black and those who wore scanty clothes intermingled without a care in the world. 

When we came back I made my nasi goreng. My children and my grandchildren love the way I made the nasi goreng. This boosts my ego of being a good chef but never better than my wife. The left over was our breakfast. I ate a lot of fruits like berries, cherries and olive. The enjoyment came to an end. Suddenly we felt it was not enough and sharp 7.30 am we left for Heathrow. Our two drivers were Iranian and Turkish. The rates for the mpv to the airport was competitive. The licensing was regulated liberally but the fares were left to the market. It worked fine and cheaper for us. Eventhough they were originally foreigners they are the backbone of British Public Transport. Its a rarity to find an English driver. But they know the london roads like the back of their hands. In fact my driver took me to the airport using a route that I had never been. As the fare has been earlier agreed there was no question he was trying to cheat me. We arrived earlier than if we had gone on the normal route. When I asked him how he did it. He just told me I am a good driver. I knew this was a call for a handsome tip, which I did, eventhough its not compulsory. 

I think Malaysians love to come to London for their holidays. The check in and security check was thorough but quick and without any fuss and hastle. I got into MH 003. My habit after a long absence from home is always to fly home on MAS flight. It made me feel as if I had arrived home as soon as I boarded the plane. This in my view is because the cabin service is second to none. Its friendly, natural and not plastic. The flight was smooth except for the normal Bay Of Bengal and Andaman Sea bumpiness. We arrived the next day on 13th June at 8. 30am a flight of 121/2 hours. I decided to go down to the carousel to collect our luggages. It was a very very long wait. Something need to be done...a friend of mind who was also waiting for his luggage said its worst at KLIA2. Once you collected your bags the route to the customs also was tied and I dont see any sign of green or red lanes. I reachecd home and got to my house by 10.30am. Thank God. Alhamdulilah. thorough but quick and without any fuss or hastle. I got into MH 003. My habit after a long absence from home I always look forward to go home by MAS. It made me feel I'm almost home becaus the cabin service is excellent and second to none. Their friendliness and warmth were natural and not plastic. I decided to go down to the carousel to collect our luggage. It was a very very long wait. 

Something need to be done...a friend of mind who was also waiting for his luggage said in KLIA 2 it's worst. Once you collected your bags the route to the customs area was really tied and I don't see any sign of green or red lanes. These are quick observations. We trollied our luggage to the mpv and now bound for home. It was a long journey with the usual weekend heavy traffic This is my final entry on our family holiday in UK. Thank God. Alhamdulilah.

FBpost@ 13 Jun 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment